Oh, so you think you can manage accounts, eh? Well we’re looking for an Account Manager who can single-handedly coordinate, manage, and wrangle our clients with the same smile Chuck Norris maintains while wrangling a crocodile. We’re looking for someone who will go to infinity and beyond for our clients, whether equipped with a space laser or not. The right candidate will be forward-thinking and detail-oriented, and will be the client advocate within the agency. Unlike other agencies, this isn’t the Hunger Games. We WANT you to succeed.
On to some logistics...
The right candidate will……
- You will serve as the main point of contact for client accounts.
- Regularly update client via email, phone call, or in-person meetings on the status of their account.
- You will nurture and build relationships. Up-selling of services where applicable.
- Proactively identify client needs, collaboratively generate innovative ideas, and strategically advise clients.
- Ensure client work is executed in alignment with the agreed-upon strategy and is achieving the defined goals/objectives alongside the Project Manager.
- Translate client assignments into meaningful briefs for the creative teams and effectively balance dual expectations of clients and the agency.
- Schedule client meetings, set agendas, lead discussion, take notes, and follow up on all open items.
- You will work with the agency Project Manager to ensure projects are properly executed according to strategy, on time, and on budget.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, assigned client’s business, products, industry and competitive landscape.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field.
- At least 2-3 years of digital marketing agency experience. This is required.
- Excellent account service skills and track record of growing client relationships.
- Experience managing 10-15 accounts.
- Strong decision-making, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with collaboratively creating and presenting effective marketing campaigns.
- Superior written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with C-level executives.
- Patient and calm under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Nice to Haves but Not Must Haves:
- HubSpot experience and/or certifications.
- Experience and/or certifications with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, LinkedIn ads, and Facebook ads.
- Experience with a project management platform, ClickUp preferred.
- Ability to talk to technical/development teams.
- Working with us is pretty fetch (we’re still trying to make “fetch” happen).
- Competitive salary
- Retirement plan with a company match plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Free coffee, alcohol, and a kitchen full of snacks